NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO TEAMS INVITED BY RED BULL. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
USE CAUTION AND COMMON SENSE WHEN PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST. RESPECT AND ENSURE THE SAFETY OF YOURSELF AND OTHERS. EXCEPT FOR THE MARKS OF THE RED BULL (ADDRESSED BELOW), ENTRY MUST NOT FEATURE ANY THIRD-PARTY TRADEMARKS, LOGOS, TRADE DRESS OR PROMOTION OF ANY BRAND, PRODUCT, OR SERVICE.
ELIGIBILITY: The Red Bull Run the City Contest (the "Contest") is open to individuals in the United States (including Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico) that are invited by Red Bull to participate in the Contest (each, a "Participating Team" or "Team"). Each member of the Participating Team must be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry, and the Participating Team must not exceed five (5) members in total. The winner(s) will be announced on or about December 5, 2016 by 10:00 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"). To participate, each member of each Participating Team agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Red Bull has the sole discretion in determining the timeliness of any action or inaction related to this Contest. All times mentioned in these Official Rules are Pacific Time ("PT") unless expressly noted otherwise. Red Bull may revise any of the deadlines in these Official Rules upon notice to the Participating Teams and in Red Bull's sole discretion.
Void where prohibited. Employees of Red Bull North America, Inc. ("Red Bull") and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, public relations agencies, prize suppliers, including any vendors providing services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the "Red Bull Affiliates"), and employees, agents, directors, officers (including members of their immediate family – i.e., spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren – or those living in the same household) of Red Bull or any Red Bull Affiliates are not eligible to participate. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
ENTRY AND PUBLIC VOTING: ENTRY AND PUBLIC VOTING: To enter the Contest, each Team must agree to adhere with these Official Rules and any other instructions provided by Red Bull. Entrants must visit create and submit four (4) original videos on or before October 31, 2016 by uploading the videos as unlisted uploads on YouTube, and providing the links to contest organizers (each an "Edit"). Videos may be made public once corresponding round of voting has completed. Each of the videos must be themed in this manner, and public voting will take place within the dates listed below:.
If invited by Red Bull, Participating Teams must then fill out the Contest registration form provided to you by Red Bull and follow the instructions on the registration form to complete and submit your form. You must provide all information requested on the registration form, and all of the information you provide must be complete and accurate. The Contest will take place as outlined in the "Competition" section below.
- Round 1 (Public Voting Nov. 7 – 13): Through My Eyes - Explore your city through point of view footage. Show the world what a freerunner sees.
- Round 2 (Public Voting Nov. 14 – 20): Off the Grid - Show off the parts of your city that only a freerunner can explore. Take us to the hidden and unexplored location the rest of the city ignores.
- Round 3 (Public Voting Nov. 21 – 27): Rush Hour - Showcase your speed and efficiency. A busy city is almost impossible to navigate – show us how a freerunner beats it.
- Round 4 (Public Voting Nov. 28 – Dec. 4): Soul of the City - What makes the city special to you? Show off your crew's personality and let your connection to the city shine through.
This Contest consists of the production and submission of four separate videos (each, an "Edit") and consists of four separate voting rounds (each, a "Round"). Each Edit must include only music from a library that has been pre-approved by Red Bull, that has been licensed or that has been made available to a Team with explicit permission from the rights holder. Teams must be able to produce proof of licensing or permission for any music not pre-approved by Red Bull.
An additional prize will be awarded in each round by guest judge Jason Paul, which will allot an additional point bonus equivalent to 10 percent of the team's votes earned for the round. The Team with the highest number of cumulative votes for all four Edits at the end of the voting period, determined from both public vote and the Judge's Pick, if any, will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, Red Bull athlete Jason Paul or Red Bull judges will determine the winner, in their sole discretion.
REQUIRED REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: To be eligible, all Edits must comply with the following criteria (collectively, the "Required Representations and Warranties"):
- Your Edit must be your own original work, created and shot by registered members of your team. It must not have been previously published, released, or distributed in any form. It must not have been entered into any other drawing or competition nor won any award. Modification of an existing video does not count as original for purposes of this Contest. The Edit must not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any person or entity including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, or rights of privacy or publicity, nor any material that is defamatory, threatening, indecent, obscene, offensive, unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable laws or regulations, or any material which requires a license from any third party.
- You have the express consent of any identifiable persons that appear in your video to their likeness being used in the ways set out in these Terms, including Red Bull's right to use the video for any future commercial purpose without restrictions. Upon request, you will obtain written consent of any such persons for Red Bull.
- Except for Red Bull's marks (addressed below), your Edit must not feature any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product, or service. Red Bull grants you the limited permission to display its marks and products in your Edit solely for purposes of entering this Contest and subject to these Terms.
- Your Edit must be appropriate for public viewing. Without limiting the foregoing, the Edit must not be lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, violate any laws or otherwise contain content which Red Bull in its sole discretion decides is inappropriate or objectionable. Your Edit must also not disparage or cast a negative light on any person, entity, or brand, product, or service. Your Edit may not depict any individuals under the age of 21 consuming alcohol.
- Your Edit must only incorporate the music expressly provided by Red Bull for purposes of this Contest, that has been licensed or that has been made available to a Team with explicit permission from the rights holder. Teams must be able to produce proof of licensing or permission for any music not provided by Red Bull.
Edits that do not comply with the requirements in this section may not be eligible and, if entered into this Contest, may be disqualified at any time in Red Bull's sole discretion. You agree to reimburse Red Bull and Red Bull Affiliates in full for any losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, that they may sustain from you breaching any representation or warranty that you make by agreeing to these Terms. By entering, you warrant that your Edit(s) complies with all of these Terms including those at (i)-(v) above.
By entering, you grant to Red Bull a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, freely assignable license to reproduce your Edit(s) and to otherwise use, exploit, copy, modify, adapt, edit, publish and display your Edit in any form, manner, venue, media or technology now known or later developed for any and all purposes, including, without limitation, for purposes of trade, advertising, and promotion as Red Bull and its licensees or assignees determine, without further compensation, notification, or permission. Further, by entering, you hereby waive any moral rights that you may have in your Edit(s) in favor of Red Bull.
By entering, you also grant to Red Bull the worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sub-licensable, and freely transferable right, but not the obligation, to use any and all names, identities, titles, likenesses, distinctive appearances, physical likenesses, images, portraits, pictures, photographs (whether still or moving), screen personas, voices, vocal styles, statements, gestures, mannerisms, personalities, performance characteristics, biographical data, signatures, and any other indicia or imitations of identity or likeness listed, provided, referenced, or otherwise contained in your Edit(s) (all attributes, collectively, per person, a "Persona") for purposes of advertising and trade, in any format, medium, or technology now known or later developed without further notice, approval, or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
GRAND PRIZE WINNER DETERMINATION: The Team with the highest number of cumulative votes from the public voting period for all four Edits and the "Judge's Pick" 10% of team's vote bonus if applicable, will be declared the potential Grand Prize winner. The potential Grand Prize winner will be announced at RuntheCity.RedBull.com on December 5, 2016. In the event of a tie, the Red Bull judges will determine the winner, in their sole discretion.
GRAND PRIZE: The one (1) Team selected as the Grand Prize winner will, upon verification of eligibility, choose one of the following prize packages:
1. The winning Team will receive a trip, as planned entirely in Red Bull's sole discretion, to a destination determined in Red Bull's sole discretion, where a film crew will be provided to the Team to create a unique video.
- A travel package comprised of (i) a round-trip economy cabin air transportation for up to five (5) members of the Participating Team from the major airport nearest to the Participating Teams home city, as determined in Red Bulls sole discretion, to the major airport nearest to the chosen destination, as determined in Red Bulls sole discretion; (ii) lodging for four (4) nights in location lodge that sleeps at least five (5) people (actual location to be determined by Red Bull in its sole discretion); and (iii) ground transportation between the destination airport and hotel and back.
- Food for the Participating Team during the length of its stay. Provided food to be determined in Red Bull's sole discretion.
2. The wining Team will receive a package of film equipment up to a total value of $10,000, selected at Red Bull's sole discretion.
The approximate retail value of either Grand Prize is $10,000.
The approximate retail value of all prizes to be awarded in connection with this Contest is $10,000. Only individuals registered with the winning team will be permitted to participate in the Grand Prize.
All travel arrangements must be made through Red Bull's agent. Any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically provided herein (such as luggage fees, ski-equipment baggage and handling fees, security fees, gratuities, additional transportation, and incidental charges) are the responsibility of the winning entrant. Ground transportation may be provided in lieu of air transportation if winning entrant resides within a 200 mile radius of destination, and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in value. Winning entrant must possess and show valid travel documents, prior to departure (e.g., valid driver's license, or other acceptable government-issued identification). Winning entrant must sign a Release of Liability/Publicity and any other documents provided to the entrant prior to ticketing and/or attendance on the trip or at any event(s). Once airline tickets have been ticketed, no changes by entrant will be permitted. Red Bull will determine airline, airports, flight itinerary, and hotel in its sole discretion. Travel and accommodation restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Red Bull will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets or travel vouchers.
All prizes are awarded "AS IS." Neither Red Bull nor Red Bull Affiliates make or offer any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied (including, without limitation, quality, authenticity, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) in connection with this Contest or any prize. Prize details and availability are subject to change, in which case a prize of equal value may be substituted at Red Bull's sole discretion. Prizes consist only of the items listed, are non-transferable, with no cash redemption or substitution except at Red Bull's sole discretion. Prizes are subject to terms, conditions, expiration dates, and restrictions imposed by the manufacturer of the prize or issuer in the case of event tickets, gift cards, or other instruments. Federal, state, and local taxes on prizes, if any, and any other costs, fees and expenses not listed above as specifically included as part of the prize are the sole responsibility of winner. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. An IRS form 1099 and other tax-related forms and documents may be issued by Red Bull if required by law.
NOTIFICATION: The potentially winning Participating Team will be notified by telephone or email provided during registration after it has been selected as a potential winner. Potential winner must respond to the notification message and provide all requested information within twenty-four (24) hours of the first contact or attempted contact from Red Bull or the potential prize may be forfeited. To claim any prize, Red Bull may require each member of the Participating Team that will participate in the Grand Prize to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release/Publicity Release forms, and other applicable documents, which may require a social security number, before claiming any prize. All required documents must be completed and returned to Red Bull within five (5) days of the date and time listed on the documents. At Red Bull's discretion, winner(s) may be required to produce picture or some other form of proper identification to claim any prize. Red Bull reserves the right to substitute any prize with prize of equal or greater value. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to timely claim the prize, is disqualified, fails to timely execute and return any required forms, or if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, an alternate winner will be selected as solely determined by Red Bull. If by reason of printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules, a random drawing will be held to award the advertised number of prizes in the relevant category. Under no circumstances will more than the advertised number of prizes be awarded.
NO LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION: By entering this Contest, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Red Bull, Red Bull Affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns (the "Released Parties") from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of, or relating to, your participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities (including, without limitation, the trip) and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder (including, without limitation, any misrepresentation made by you in connection with the Contest; any non-compliance by you with these Official Rules; claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Official Rules arising from or related to your involvement with the Contest; acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest; any malfunction, error or other problem arising in connection with the collection, processing, or retention of entry information; or any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winner). The foregoing includes, without limitation, any claim for personal injury, property loss or damage, or death arising in any way in connection with the Contest.
OTHER TERMS: Decisions of Red Bull on all matters related to the Contest are final and binding. Red Bull reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest for any reason, including but not limited to, if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest, or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper administration of the Contest as determined by Red Bull, in its sole discretion. Red Bull reserves the right to disqualify or prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation or with any provision in these Official Rules.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST INCLUDING THE PUBLIC VOTING MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL & CIVIL LAWS. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND/OR SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY INDIVIDUAL MAKING ANY SUCH ATTEMPTS TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
GOVERNING LAW & MANDATORY ARBITRATION: Any disputes arising under this Contest and/or these Official Rules will be governed by relevant U.S. federal statutes and regulations and the internal laws of the State of California. Red Bull and each entrant agree that any such claim or dispute between the parties, or between a party and any agent, employee, successor, or assign of the other, related to this Contest and/or these Official Rules (including the applicability of this arbitration clause) shall be resolved by binding arbitration administered by the JAMS under its rules and procedures in effect when the claim is filed. The rules and procedures and other information, including information on fees, may be obtained from JAMS' website (www.jamsadr.com) or by calling JAMS at 949-224-1810. Any award by the arbitrator(s) may be entered as a judgment in any court having jurisdiction.
RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY: Red Bull reserves the right to disqualify or prohibit the participation of an individual or team if fraud or tampering is suspected; if the individual or team fails to comply with any requirement of participation or with any provision in these Official Rules; if the individual's or team's behavior or communication at any point is disruptive, may or does cause damage or to any person, property, or reputation of Red Bull, or is otherwise not in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices as determined in Red Bull's sole discretion.
NO AFFILIATION WITH FACEBOOK, TWITTER, OR INSTAGRAM: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook®, Twitter®, or Instagram®. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to Red Bull, not Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
WINNER LIST: To obtain a list of winners, go to RuntheCity.RedBull.com where the winners will be announced.
SPONSOR: Red Bull Media House North America, Inc., 1740 Stewart Street, Santa Monica, CA 90404.